Today is the birthday of Rajesh Khanna, the first superstar of Hindi cinema and special thing is that his daughter Twinkle Khanna also has a birthday.
Let me tell you that from 1969 to 1971, 15 consecutive films of Rajesh Khanna became super hit, which made Kaka a superstar.
Today is the birthday of Rajesh Khanna, known as the first superstar in the history of the Hindi film industry. In Bollywood, Rajesh Khanna is fondly called ‘Kaka’.
Rajesh Khanna did many such films in the Hindi film world, which the audience still loves. Rajesh Khanna had done 15 consecutive super hit films from 1969 to 1971. Rajesh Khanna called ‘Aradhana’, ‘Two ways’,’ Khamoshi ‘,’ True liar ‘,’ Guddi ‘,’ Kati Kite ‘,’ Safar ‘,’ Daag ‘,’ Amar Prem ‘,’ Prem Nagar ‘,’ Salt He did more than one film like Haram ‘,’ Roti ‘,’ Soutan ‘,’ Avatar ‘and then tried his hand in politics too. Let’s know. 10 special things about superstar Rajesh Khanna.
- Rajesh Khanna was born in 1942 in Amritsar (Punjab).
- Rajesh Khanna’s real name was Jatin Khanna, and his uncle KK Talwar changed his name from Jatin to Rajesh before appearing in films. In the industry, people used to fondly call Rajesh Khanna by the name of ‘Kaka’.
- Rajesh Khanna lived in Mumbai Girgaon Chowpatty after his shift to Mumbai with family and from there he completed his school and college. Rajesh Khanna’s classmate used to be Ravi Kapoor (actor Jeetendra).
- Rajesh Khanna married Dimple Kapadia, the then famous actress. Let us tell you that Rajesh Khanna has two daughters Twinkle Khanna and Rinke Khanna and Ittefaq see that their daughter Twinkle Khanna was also born on 29 December.
- Rajesh Khanna’s inclination towards theater was during school itself. After which he participated in many plays, and won prizes. In the early 60s, Rajesh Khanna was the first newcomer to go to audition with his MG sports car.
- Rajesh Khanna gained a lot of recognition due to the films ‘Aradhana’, ‘Ittefaq’, ‘Baharon Ke Sapne’ and ‘Aurat’. For this reason, actress Waheeda Rehman suggested to director Asit Sen the name of ‘Rajesh Khanna’ for his film ‘Khamoshi’.
- At that time, Rajesh used to tell his friend Ravi Kapoor (Jeetendra) the audition strings in films.
- After becoming a finalist through Talent Contest, Rajesh Khanna made his debut film Aakhri Khat, directed by Chetan Anand. The film was sent on behalf of India at the 40th Oscar Awards.
- Rajesh Khanna was declared the first superstar after the film ‘Aradhana’. In this film, Rajesh Khanna did an excellent job with Sharmila Tagore and Farida Jalal.
- Rajesh Khanna was awarded the Padma Bhushan on behalf of the Government of India in 2013. Apart from films, he also ventured into politics and became an MP from the Congress Party and also reached the Lok Sabha.
In 2012, Rajesh Khanna aka Kaka, the first superstar of Hindi cinema, who was ill for a long time, died on 18 July in his bungalow Ashirwad.